WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
- Building Skills through Summer Jobs – This report from JPMorgan Chase Foundation provides a detailed review of national youth employment challenges and resources through the lens of the foundation’s funded jobs programs.
- Partnerships for Summer Youth Employment – This U.S. Conference of Mayors report describes leading youth employment programs across the United States, including Detroit’s own Grow Detroit’s Young Talent initiative.
- Investing in a Future that Works: Preparing Detroit’s Young Talent for the Dynamic World of Work – This report, written by Connect Detroit and developed in partnership with the Corporation for a Skilled Workforce and the University of Michigan, describes the current state of youth employment in Detroit and provides policy recommendations for improving youth employment conditions.
- Grow Detroit’s Young Talent 2011 Program Summary – This report, written by Connect Detroit, describes outcomes of the 2011 Grow Detroit’s Young Talent program and fundraising campaign, managed by Connect Detroit on behalf of the Detroit Youth Employment Consortium.
- Innovating Under Pressure – This report from the U.S. Department of Labor describes Detroit’s innovative response to the rapid scaling of youth employment resources under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.